Monday, December 24, 2012

New Companions

Two armed guards from the Edge came to our camp.  I am glad for their arrival. The mercenaries have been troubling me of late.  We are behind schedule and yet when I inquire as to our course I am stymied by generalities.  This box must arrive at the Edge in a timely manner.  I will NOT fail.   This has been entrusted to me and it is perhaps the first importtant thing I've ever done in my short life.  One newly arriving guard Kathryn is a plated soldier.   She is beautiful and half elven too but tall.  I managed to glimpse her red hair under her helm.  She fought bravely and is a very natural leader among men.   I have tremendous respect for her.  I look forward to her friendship.

Lucan the second guard is also fine company to have on the journey.  He too is someone I can trust.  I am glad to have him on my friend.  Goodness knows one does not want to be his enemy.  The picos looked like porcupines when he was done with them.  Somewhat quieter he is  straight shooter and his candor is appreciated.  Ot acted somewhat strangely today.  I know how important it is to him NOT to kill.  And I can certainly appreciated that.  Its the reason I have been a vegetarian since Ellis left but it almost felt like in his pacifism he jeopardized the party.  He is powerful I wonder if he had a bad experience with power from his past that is haunting him.

No comments:

Post a Comment