Monday, December 10, 2012

Escape with the Troupe

I've done it. I can't believe I am free.  I am liberated, escaped from that prison   The troupe came into town a little more than a week ago.  As Ellis had taught me I had watched for when they might come.  I have always looked forward to when the troupes would come to town.  On the last day of their performance I snuck out of our estate trekked over to their campsite and auditioned for them.  I played out my heart and soul as if everthing that had been bottled could finallyknow its expression and furthermore. knowing this was my moment of escape.  Into my song I poured my loneliness, my grief at losing Ellis, my anger at my father and the longing for world in which each had a place.  They hired me on the spot.

As I write this several days later I cannot believe I am unshackled and free.  My destiny is my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment