Monday, December 10, 2012

Callanar - New Frontiers, Next Chapters

I am several days out now from Callanar but I must recount a most curious occurence.
I had just played in an old tavern just outside Callanar.  I was trying to make a little coin to pay for a room since it had been a while since I'd had good hot meal and nice bed to sleep in.  I'd sung a few standards on the mandolin and got them moving on the floor with a few little lively flute tunes and was doing pretty well.  None of that however was nearly the most interesting part. 

As I sat down at my table after my performance was finished and before I could even order myself a drink, I was approached by an elf dressed rather unassumingly in a long cloak.  He ordered me a nice glass of wine and introduced himself as Nistrama.  He congratulated me on how I had handily(and non fatally) dispatched three burly men who as he relayed were interested in making my performance more "interactive".  We smiled understandingly but grimly.  From a leather tube he produced several documents which he unravelled.

After my jaw dropped upon seeing my name upon a warrant for arrest for the murder of Piercey he quickly assured me that he did not believe that I had committed the murder.  He then also produced a second scroll which also pulled from the leather tube.  This one, a slightly less official document again had my distinct picture and identified me as the stolen property of of a thieves guild member.  I believe it was called the Brotherhood of Shadows." It contained a reward for 2000gp's for my "return".  He said again that he did not believe me to be anyone's property either.  " I could clearly handle myself but that I was also clearly having trouble with both the law and the lawless" and that perhaps he could help. He offered to get me a place with a caravan heading to the Edge a far off settlement and that he would equip me with gear.  Meanwhile he would investigate the" legal and extralegal complications" as he said.

In exchange for this he asked that I deliver a package to the Holy Jerberz a priest of Corellon who maintains a small shrine at the Edge.   He told me to keep my true reasons secret as no one could know and as a man's life depended upon it.

He then gave me some coins, a box which he said was heavily enchanted and must not be opened at all costs and said to make haste with the caravan for we needed to arrive before two moons passage.

I arose at dawn, donned my cloak which I pulled over my head tightly because all over the warrants for my capture had been placed.  I quietly skulked to nearby a store.  Convinced a young lad to purchase some items for me and made my way to the caravan.

No comments:

Post a Comment