Monday, December 10, 2012

Dismissal of Ellis

How can he do this?  He knows how much I have loved Ellis. How can he throw her out like that. She is the only one who listens.  She is the only one who has nutured me.  She is the only one who has been there when I have needed her.  He is a monster.  I did not even have a chance to say goodbye.  My dear Ellis.  How grateful I am that at least before she left she managed to write me this letter and tuck it into my journal which she knew no one would find. 

My Dearest "little bonfire"
I laugh through the tears as I write this knowing that I ou would let few else call you by that nickname.  Know that I will always love you and that you are in my heart always.  As I have oft said of recent, be prepared for their will come a time when I am not around. It seems that time has finally come, though it is indeed sooner than I expected.  I regret that I am not able to say this in person but I am grateful that I am able to sneak to write. this at all. Do be careful  Take care of your mother as best you can and try not to be too harsh with your father.  Perhaps in his own way he believes this is best for you.   Remember to keep up with your practice and your composition. You are gifted but even the most gifted must always seek to expand their skill and talent.  Take time to listen to to all that is around you it contains many songs within itself if you listen carefully.  You are a free-spirit.  Your time will come to liberate yourself and fly but remember to watch your fiery tongue; it may be your undoing someday. Again, I will always have you in my heart and these years I have spent with you have been the most enjoyable I've lived  You have my love, gratitude and affection always.

Your Ellis

Father was a bit taken aback at my calm when I confronted him.  I merely said  "I see" but the look of red hot steel that I shot back at him when I learned that he had dismissed her because she was pregnant and unwed would have melted the blade of a short sword. I was determined not to let him see me cry.  I walked out with a furious equanimity if such a thing exists and went straight to the river where Ellis and I often fished together.  It was then that I wailed. My best friend, my only friend was gone.

After some time I picked myself back up and went back home. Still determined not to let him see any affect from his decision I handily picked up the chores that Ellis had once done.

As I write this now I make this pledge that as soon as I am able I will leave this festering hell hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment