Thursday, February 21, 2013

Detente

We didn't rest.  We didn't follow Varg's advice or idea to sleep or take an extended rest. That proved nearly deadly.  After questioning the picos and finding out that a warband was edge-bound, we started towards home sans our horses which seemed to gone missing.(Funny that I am so quickly adopting the edge and able to call it home now).  My aural orientation did nothing to prepare me for the monstrous wolves that crashed through the brush.  I tried to get out of its path but in fact found myself hamstrung;my leg a chew bone for the ferocious caninine. Prof B once again saved my hide by blasting them into the forest.  I had never seen wolves the size of horses.  A shifter pack clearly used them as mounts.  They are a fierce bunch.  Each side fought bravely, the shifters and our band of heroes from beyond the edge.  We managed a tense detente when Varg  heaved the newly acquired dragon's head at their feet.  This earned some respect and the right of passage.  Fortunately we traveled home safely and manage to get Litsvo his needed care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment