Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Letter to Mom and Dad

(I've copied this letter to you mother and father into my journal lest this ever should get back to you and I do not)
 
Dear Mom and Dad,
I send you tidings from afar. I also send apologies. As great as our differences may have been, no parent deserves to parted with their child. I know that now. How, I know that now. I have grown quite a bit in the last few years that I have been gone; enouigh to know that Ellis was right and that this little red-headed girl could sometimes be a little hot headed and rash I assure you I am still the firebrand that you knew, but its is tempered by the maturity of experience (harrowing is crossed out but still barely readable if one took the time) and a taste of the world's challenges. I assure you that I am as "ok" as one can be given what lies before me and what I have devoted my life to.

Forever your little rosebush,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment