Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pleas to the Avatar


I am writing in my journal what I just wrote on parchment and burned by candlelight.  For posterity's sake I may have want to look at it again.   Today was a most difficult day.
 
Dear Avatar,
You know I am not much of a praying girl. My form of devotion comes in the full-blooded celebration of the world's bounty and beauty. I know that all things have their time and place, that all things that begin must end and that the cycles continue ever on. I do not ask for that cycle to change nor can I understand great wisdom that turns those wheels of time but today one much too young parted. If there is any sacrfrice I can make that would see him again in this world let me bear it. I humbly implore that you spare him and that he once again live. I will pay the price you ask of me if you would grant me this.
And what of Daga? Do you have a song for Daga? He is a fine fellow though I cannot say why I trust him as I do having spent as little time together as we have. He is honorable and daring and exquisitely gifted when throwing a blade. I am comforted by his company.
your humble servant,
Samired

1 comment: