Monday, January 28, 2013

Bridges Onward


In retreat from the Lance Forest in flames

As she crosses the bridge gone childhood games

 
In the crucible of hard journeys trials

She thinks back on her past looks down and smiles

 
Born to a house of great wealth but no care

Of the world’s troubles t’was never aware

 
She quietly rests by a broad trees’ shade

And thinks of the new friends she has just made

 
The tree starts to move like naught ever seen

It’s leaves shimmer colors reds, purples, greens
 

The smell it gives off a fragrant bouquet

Tucked under its branches here I could stay
 

It speaks to us says we are sufficient

We must fix the hole; fill what was rent


The Avatar is what  by men I'm called

And what it did next my heart it appalled
 

It conjured a small songbird onto a branch

And again its next move cause me to blanch

 
For it crushed the songbird onto my blade

And with this fierce magic new it was made

 
He called me his child, he called me “Blood Song”

this violent act seemed so terribly wrong

 
It’s voice was so gentle, my view so minute

It’s wisdom and depth one could not dispute.

 
In the end I suppose all go to the grave

And what matters most is that we are brave

 
The rest they too, all received a small gift

As it told us we must repair the rift.

 
It predicted for each a path of great fate

Cryptically it spoke no answer was straight.
 

It spoke to us. I thought of the seven.

Then the broad tree seemed normal again.


T’was gone in a flash as if n’er  t’was there.

But in its place now our moods much more fair

 
Seven in number our rag tag small crew

My goodness what if those tales are all true.

 
The road ahead a dangerous affair

So, let’s onto this rift to mend the tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment