Sunday, November 18, 2012

Birthday Dreams

Diary of Sam

Age7
7th Birthday
I had my seventh birthday today. Mommy did not say happy birthday and neither did daddy. The only one who said anything was Ellis. Well, actually that is not totally true the nice lady in the market said happy birthday too when Ellis told her that it was my birthday. She then even gave me a little maple sugar cake that was delicious. Ellis was so sweet to me she even gave me a lucky coin. She got down on one knee, looked me directly in the eyes with such love she put it in my hand, closed my hand gently then lightly kissed my cheek and walked away. When she got to the door she looked back and said (and she might have been crying a little) “ Happy Birthday my darling sweetie. Happy seventh birthday. You will always be in my heart. I got worried that I might not see her again.

When I fell asleep that night I had strange dreams. In the dream I was running and running and something was chasing me but I was too afraid to look back. I kept getting more and more tired and whatever it was kept gaining on me. Ahead, a cliff came into view. There seemed to be no escape. I kept running. I ran over the cliff and felt like I was falling, and falling, and falling through waves of the deepest green. Finally ,when I hit the ground I actually went through the ground, anour d at that exact moment, seven figures of light emerged and floated my body into some dark cavern. I then woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment